Thursday, September 24, 2009

Narveson

Narveson had one of the best performances of any pitcher for the Brewers this year. The 5th inning brought a tear to my eye. He made the Cubs look silly striking out 3 in a row. Some of the best location of pitches I've seen in a long time. I've mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating; he really reminds me of Sheets. He seems to be getting better every time he's out there. I have to mention again the possible Bosio connection. The last time he was up he was up Castro was still around and he was terrible. He tried to nibble and didn't use his fast ball effectively falling behind on the counts. This time around he's like a different person. Let's hope it continues. At one point in his career he was a major prospect for the Cardinals, so this could be his redemption. I know it's a bit early after only a few starts, but you can tell he's got great stuff.

I couldn't believe when Macha took him out with 2 outs in the Sixth inning. I didn't see his pitch count, but the way he was throwing it couldn't have been above 80. I realize Macha was probably trying to protect him (I didn't hear his comments afterwards), but you need to let him finish that inning. What kind of message does that send your young pitcher? Hey, great job out there, let's put in one of our overworked relievers and almost blow it. Stupid.

Melvin on the radio this morning said they have to decide whether to go after hitting or pitching... Really? Are you fucking kidding? DONE with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment