Thursday, September 10, 2009

Josh "Crack" Hamilton

"Remember what the Bible says: He who is without sin, cast the first rock. And I shall smoketh it"

I know this is kinda old stuff, but it's been bothering me forever. Last year while Josh Hamilton was hitting in the HR Derby the broadcasters were busy talking about how great a story he was and a role model. They wouldn't shut up about it. Am I missing something here? How is taking your bonus money and spending it on hookers and blow a good story? Is that really the example you want your kids to follow? I'm glad that he got his shit together, but I'm not going to pretend like his life choices are to be admired. There are plenty of other sports players for your children to look up to that never hit the pipe.

Hamilton said that he found Jesus and that is what turned his life around. I've never really understood what that means. I wasn't aware that Jesus was lost in the first place... People seem to think that if they are born again all is forgiven. Dahmer found God in jail, so does that mean drilling holes in peoples heads and having a petrified dick is cool?

Every time Hamilton would hit a home run in the derby I would say "Crack" like Tyrone Biggums. Maybe I'm just an asshole?

0 comments:

Post a Comment