Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Squeaked one out

Parra pitched what I would say was the best game of his career and almost lost. Trevor Hoffman is just not the same when coming into a closing situation with men on base. He doesn't have the stuff anymore to not have a cushion of empty bases.

Hall of Fame still sucks ass. Clearly his stint in Nashville did nothing. I don't even remember him making contact. His outfield play was shitty as well. Normally I would give someone a pass on that being that he hasn't played the outfield this year, but I hate him too much. I have a feeling Cory Patterson will be up within a matter of days.

Braun seems to be having some issues judging balls of late. In the beginning of the year he looked like a golden glover and now, not so much. Of all the times to slide the one that bounced to the fence would have been perfect. Nice game offensively though, so that makes up for it. That was quite a bomb to center field. Probably 425ish? Apparently, he "tweaked" his elbow on the throw to the plate. I don't know if it's enough to keep him out of the lineup. I would imagine if that was the case Hall would move to left and Catalanotto would play right.

These late games suck. Way passed a busy clowns bed time.

A wins a win, especially against the Dodgers. Gallardo tonight, let's make it 3 in a row.

4 comments:

Lance's Other Nut said...

I must say I regularly enjoy reading the inspired (and appropriately directed) hate, Clown.

Keep up the good work.

Chorenzo said...

When was the last time Hoffman pitched? That might have something to do with it. I agree nonetheless, he hasn't had too many 3 up/3 down appearances of late. Usually gives up a runner or two.

Still very nice win (wish I would've been able to stay awake for it...)

Chorenzo said...

Okay I'm an idiot, Hoffman has had a few appearances of late. Maybe I should actually pay attention to games before posting comments.

In other news, Bill Hall still sucks.

Clown said...

If you have hate in your heart... Let it out

I've just had enough with certain people.

Post a Comment