Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crew still in the running for Halladay

According to Haudricourt, Melvin is being coy.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/51065382.html

I'm kind of torn on this one. I'd rather not see any more of our young talent gone. Escobar may be unproven and Gamel hasn't raked(yet), but they are still our future. Mehegeheenee has been great this year, but his durability is definitely a question.

On the other hand we are getting to the point with some of our talent that they may be gone in short order. How long can we keep Fielder happy? It sure seems like Hardy and Hart are involved in every trade rumor. Kendall will most likely be gone next year. As much as people rip on his offense, if we are giving up that much for Halladay you better have a quality veteran catcher and not a rookie calling the shots.

In Melvin we trust?

Update: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/51102502.html

1 comments:

Ryan Braun said...

Hey guys, I know you're all big fans and all but i just wanted to let you know that i'll be going on vacation all of July, possibly August too... the good news is that I'll still be playing, but it won't look like it. I don't really feel the need to until we got a top tier pitcher. I mean, our offense can't do everything! I don't get how 3-4 runs are not enough for our pitcher to win? Anyway, I thought i'd let you guys know... while I'm at it, does anyone here know of a place i can get a bat that stretches 5 feet out of the strike zone? I'm not going to stop swinging at those pitches so I just thought I better find a bat that would stretch that far... thanks for your help!

Post a Comment